At only 0.975kg packed weight, the Terra Nova Solar Photon 2 is the lightest 2 person, self-supporting tent in the world!
Featuring front and rear fly hoods for great ventilation and its stable shape has been designed for use in poor weather. the Solar Photon 2 is compatible with the Terra Nova FASTPACK system which allows those who want to trim weight further when conditions permit, to use the flysheet and the fastpack groundsheet which is available separately.
Uses Watershed Si2 fabric. This is a silicone/silicone coated ripstop nylon flysheet fabric designed to be as light and as strong as possible.
Uses DAC poles. These are extruded 7001 aluminium alloy that are heat treated tp provide the best balance of strength and stiffness to suit the rigors of tent pole use.
We also recommend using the optional footprint (sold separately) as it helps to prolong the life your groundsheet.
- Sleeps: 2
- Season Rating Spec: 3 season backpacking
- Free standing?: Yes (tent can be pitched without guying out)
- Minimum Weight: 0.925Kg (2lb 1oz)
- Packed Weight: 0.975Kg (2lb 2oz)
- Pitch Time (estimate): 5 mins
- Number of Porches: 1
- Number of Doors: 1
- Pitch Type: Inner pitch first
- Packed Size: 40x15cm
- Flysheet: Si/Si Nylon R/S 3000mm
- Floor: Si/Si Nylon R/S 5000mm
- Poles: 8.5mm / 8mm DAC Y-pole
- Pegs: 14 x 1g Titanium
- Guylines: 3 x Reflective with Clamcleats
- Compatible with Terra Nova FASTPACK system (fastpack weight: 0.730kg)
- Warranty Period: Product Lifetime
- Product Code: 43SP200
Note: Due to the super light nature of the material used in the tents construction we are unable to factory seal the seams in a conventional method. However they are positioned and sewn in a way that minimises water penetration and it's possible to add further protection yourself, with seam sealer, to fully waterproof the tent.