- ORTOVOX have reduced the ZOOM to the two most important functions, search and transmit. Once switched on, it is possible to switch between transmission and search mode using the safety switchover button. Visual direction and distance cues are given on the large LED display.
VISUAL + ACOUSTIC SEARCH
- The ZOOM focuses the person searching on the large display in the middle of the device. LEDS are used to show the distance to the victim, the direction using arrows and if there is a multiple burial situation. LEDS are easy to read especially in poor visibility conditions and at night. The visual search mode is supported by intuitive search acoustics. Higher and fast sounds tell you that you are approaching the avalanche victim.
SMART ANTENNA TECHNOLOGY
- The integrated Smart Antenna Technology analyzes the position of the antennae in the avalanche and automatically switches to the best transmission antenna. The result: 43% longer range in the worst reception area. The patented Smart Antenna Technology is compatible with all avalanche transceivers regardless of which device the person searching is using.
SWITCHOVER IN CASE OF A FOLLOW-UP AVALANCHE
- The ZOOM is equipped with the latest digital 3-antenna technology and with a motion sensor. If the transmitter registers no movement for more than 120 seconds whilst searching, it automatically switches back to transmission mode. Rescuers are thereby protected from secondary avalanches at all times.
- The ZOOM's complete electronics are checked when it is turned on (self test) and constantly monitored whilst being used. Once the search mode has been activated, rescuers get an initial signal at 40 metres and are able to make use of a search strip width of the same size. One AA battery is sufficient for 250 hours in transmission mode.